Home > Municipality > Policies
Policy Manual - Section II - Subsection X
In an effort to have the Town of St. Anthony clean for tourist and locals alike, especially during the summer months, the Town will carry out various duties to beautify the community. The Town is also competing in various community beautification contests and will encourage businesses and residents to do their part in tidying, cleaning and restoring private and public properties.
The following activities will be carried out annually:
1. The Town will consult with NORPEN Waste Management to establish a 2 week period each spring for the purpose of residential property clean-up.
2. The Town will run advertisements notifying residents of the clean-up and encourage them to make a special effort to clean up their property and take advantage of the extra collections to dispose of debris.
3. All materials should be bagged and/or bundled along road reserves for easy access.
4. The Town will remove vehicles and deposit them to the local landfill site at no cost. Provided oil and tires are removed.
5. Businesses and residents are asked to adopt a street and ensure clean up is completed all year.
6. Residents will be encouraged to remove and/or repair structures such as; fences and sheds. In addition, residents will also be asked to groom properties and plant flowers in an effort to make our community the cleanest and most appealing in Newfoundland.
The Town of St. Anthony adopted the Clean up Policy on 25th day, 9th month, 2007.
Moved by: Deputy Mayor Mills
Second by: Councillor Scott